Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Courtney!

Courtney is 19! Her birthday was yesterday - May 16th. Even though Courtney was the middle child, she was always seemed like the big sister because she was the oldest of this trio...

Courtney, Kylie & Kendall:
Courtney was such a wonderful child. We love to watch old videos of her singing in her very low voice. Our favorites are Where is Thumper and the Books of the Bible. "Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deutewoooonomy, Johsua, Judges, Wuf." Most of you won't get that, but her brothers and sisters are laughing at that memory right now.
Courtney was a nice big sister to Kylie especially considering how Kylie treated her. We have home movies of Kylie saying in the sweetest voice, "I don't like Courtney" and Courtney just smiled as if Kylie had said something nice. I think Courtney dished some back in the teenage years but she was pretty patient when they were younger.
Dance has always been a big part of Courtney's life. From the time she was little:



Kelsey (cousin) & Courtney:

She is a dance major now at BYU and is loving it. She just made it onto the Spring Ballroom Team and she is really loving that. She is also taking a ton of ballet and she has the nasty feet to prove it. I love to watch her dance.

I was able to spend the early part of the week with Courtney, Kristy and Brad in Provo. Courtney and Brad are going spring term and Kristy has graduated and is just finishing up a job she has in Provo. Kristy will move back to Washington in June and look for a job in the Seattle area.
I got to watch one of Courtney's ballroom rehearsals and it was so fun. She is so long and graceful and she is just amazing. I am so glad I got to watch her dance. It was totally worth getting up for her 7 am rehearsal!
We celebrated her birthday a little early while I was there. Brad, Kristy, Courtney and I at California Pizza Kitchen. I had such a great time hanging out with my college kids. I just love these guys:

Happy Birthday Courtney! We love you so much!!

8 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! I can't believe your kids are all growing up. You have and amazing family.

Kacey Nielsen said...

You were right, dutowooonemy totally made me laugh. That picture of her in her "diamonds" costume is so pretty!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Courtney!!! She is definetly one of my favorite people EVER!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Happy birthday is right! I love that girl times a million!

Myca said...

Happy birthday to Courtney. She is so gorgeous and talented!

Kristy said...

Oh man, the old videos of Courtney singing are hilarious! I think "Wuf" is my favorite part. Kylie really was mean to Courtney: Mom- "Kylie why do you like makeup?" Kylie- "Because I don't like Courtney."

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Just dropped in for a minute and certainly am proud to be your relative. Great job growing up. Go Cougars. Doug