Friday, July 31, 2009

High School Reunion - 30 years?

David and I are in Salt Lake City this weekend for my high school reunion. We flew in yesterday and it feels really strange because I was just here last weekend. They may have to start charging me state income tax. I can't believe it has been 30 years since I graduated from high school. I truly am the crypt keeper!

To prepare for this reunion I...

did not get in shape.
did not get tan.
did not lose any weight. (in fact I think I gained about 3 lbs. just thinking about losing weight)
did not buy a new outfit.
did not even get my nails done.

What was I thinking?

Basically, I am going to have to rely on my winning personality to show people how well I'm doing. Snap. Well, at least I have an attractive husband who is charming and well spoken and not at all opinionated and borderline obnoxious. Snap. Well, at least he's attractive!

I'll let you know how it goes! I actually only spent the last year and a half at Olympus High School. I moved there my Junior year so it's not the same as seeing people you grew up with your whole life. I did make quite a few good friends there, though, and I am excited to see them. A couple of them were on the reunion committee so I had to go!

Kristy has been working at a Marriott Spring Hill Suites hotel in Renton. She gets a friend and family discount rate that she can pass along. Like the airline industry, she gets the best discount and her immediate family gets the next best and then friends and family get a little something. She says for all of you to feel free to contact her and she will hook you up if she can. She can get a discount at just about any Marriott Hotel. It's worth checking. Her cell is 509-760-8809. Her email is kristyearl@gmail.com.

Kristy is bringing a boy to the family reunion in a couple of weeks! Just so there is no confusion... it is not the "agent" (Zac), it is the "geek" (Trevor). But it is not Trevor McKinnon (ler longtime friend), it is Trevor Lacey. Please refrain from calling him a "geek," that was merely a term used to distinguish her two recent beaus. Trevor is in the computer field, but he may not consider himself a geek so let's all be nice... at first! Ha Ha

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! Who knew you were so old?

Kacey Nielsen said...

Now lets all pray that Trevor isn't a blog stalker!

Did you bring Scarlet and Rhode pictures? Even at your worst, beautiful grandchildren make you look beautiful by proxy. Not that you need them of course....

knock em dead!

Kristy said...

I will have to keep your blog a secret from Trevor. And we prefer the term "nerd" geek just sounds worse.

Earl Family said...

You make me laugh.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I think you will knock 'em dead!
I heard about this boy and I am so stoked!