Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy 26th birthday Kacey!

When I was just a little girl



I asked my mother, what will I be


Will I be pretty,


will I be rich

Here's what she said to me...


Que Sera, Sera,


Whatever will be, will be


The future's not ours, to see


Que Sera, Sera

What will be, will be.



When I was young, I fell in love


I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead


Will we have rainbows, day after day

Here's what my sweetheart said...


Que Sera, Sera,


Whatever will be, will be


The future's not ours, to see


Que Sera, Sera

What will be, will be.


Now I have children of my own


They ask their mother, what will I be


Will I be handsome,


will I be rich

I tell them tenderly...

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.




Who knew that this little girl of mine would turn out to be such an amazing person? Well, I sort of saw it coming from the beginning, but you never know - it could go either way. Lindsay Lohan's future was looking pretty bright there for a while!

Kacey is good at so many things. In fact, I don't think there is anything she can't do! She is such a great mom. I just love watching her with Rhode and Scarlet. Well, except when they are eating! Kacey is way too easygoing about messes. She did not get that from me. But her kids will probably end up being Nobel prize winners because they were allowed to fully enjoy and experience their food. Who knows what my kids could have accomplished if I wasn't so OCD?

Actually, I don't know how she could have turned out any better? So I guess it's okay to avoid feeding your kids anything that will end up in their hair!

Happy birthday, Kacey! Thanks for 26 great years. It has been and continues to be a joy to be your mother. I love you!

5 comments:

Myca said...

Kacey is pretty freakin amazing. :)And I really don't think she is bad at anything...

Angie said...

what a great kacey tribute!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I love the post! How creative but then the subject matter is pretty darn amazing!!! Happy B-day Kacey!

Kacey Nielsen said...

I really did not need a good cry this morning mom!

Thank you, that was really awesome.

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Great pictures and song lyrics! She has grown up so nicely (and I still remember those tiny girl pictures!) Hope your family had a great holiday and Happy New Year! The Standrings Lstndrng@hotmail.com