Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy 29th Birthday, Kacey!

Kacey turns 29 today. In honor of her birthday... our good friend, Kenzie Baker Nielsen, is going to have a baby! Okay, well maybe that's not so much an homage to Kacey as it is a coincidence, but who better to share a birthday with then Kacey?? The baby is a boy so the name Kacey/Casey will work either way! Think about it Andrew and Kenzie...

Kacey is just so wonderful in so many ways! She never ceases to impress me. She cooks, she bakes, (those two things are not the same - I can bake but cooking is harder!), she sews, she reads, she runs, she blogs, she crochets, etc. etc. I am amazed at her  many talents. She is so creative. I'd like to think that she gets that from me, and maybe she does, but she has taken creativity and accomplishment to a whole new level. She blows me out of the water. She has good ideas and actually follows through with them!

Kacey was a golden child - smart, sweet, helpful, funny, self-motivated. I'm sure she had a few flaws, but I must have blocked them all out. She was a gem and that's all I can remember!

If you have not ever been to Kacey's blog, go there the next time you have a few minutes to spare and are in need of a smile. You can see for yourself how amazing she is and she will have you laughing hysterically at their family antics. 

Kacey's oldest daughter, Scarlet, has brown hair and brown eyes just like her mom. She looked like Jon when she was born but I think is looking more like Kacey as she gets older. She has been kind of shy, though, in front of people which was not like Kacey at all. So I wondered how much of Kacey was in Scarlet. Well, it turns out that Scarlet has a lot of Kacey in her and maybe even a little bit of Aunt Kylie. Check out Scarlet as she is practicing the song she is going to audition for her school play. Kacey says there was no coaching involved with the dramatic flair or choreography - they are all Scarlet's! (Go ahead, click on it now. Guaranteed to make you smile!)

When I saw that it just melted my heart and reminded me of Kacey when she was little. Turns out Scarlet was called back for a big part in the play. Mind you, she is a kindergartener! Turns out she was up against a 4th grader for the part and Scarlet got the part! What a hoot!! I am so hoping I can go and see the play.
                                                                                                      Kacey - almost 4
















Scarlet -5


Yes, Scarlet is amazing and I must say that it appears the apple does not fall far from the tree!

Happy Birthday, Kacey!