Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homecoming '09

Another homecoming has come and gone. What is homecoming anyway? Are graduates really supposed to come home for it? Is that what it means? Well, I don't really know where this whole tradition stems from. I guess I could look it up on Wikipedia. I'll just add that to my To Do list! Whatever homecoming is supposed to be about - it always seems to evoke a feeling of happiness and community. It's just a nice feeling... and even nicer when you win the game! That doesn't happen very often here but it did this year!


Kylie is a junior this year and went to the dance with Dylan Signorelli. She looked gorgeous (and her date was wasn't bad either!) It is so fun to see all of the girls in their beautiful dresses. Unfortunately, I only have Kylie's pictures right now. Times have sure changed. When I was in high school we went through two different dress styles. The first was Gunne Sax. Yes, everyone who was anyone wore a Gunne Sax dress. They were so popular for the longest time. Looking back on it, it looked like we were all going to prom at the little house on the prairie! Then the styles changed a bit and there were long flowing gowns made of polyester and which seemed like an awesome thing but now looking back they looked more like nightgowns. I don't know when the beautiful ball gowns came back in style but it was long after I was done with high school dances.


Also, back in the day, we didn't have our hair and nails done by professionals. We pretty much just washed it and dried it and hoped for a good hair day. We didn't even have that many hair products at our command. A good old blow dryer and curling iron and oila! We painted our own nails and just prayed that none of them broke - which they always did. Nowadays these girls look better than I did on my wedding day!! Why did I have to grow up in the 70's?


P.S. - Kylie actually did her own hair and nails for this one so I better give her her props!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

She looks amazing. You have such beautiful daughters!