Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well, another Christmas has come and gone! We were so busy over here that I had no time to blog. I just loved having all my kids home (except Brad). We had a great time just hanging out, playing games, doing puzzles, watching movies and working on dance stuff. I have to take advantage of my choreographers when they are in town!

Scarlet and Rhode were so fun to have around. Scarlet even hid from Santa this year and she didn't make a peep! I have some great video footage of some of our Christmas activities but I am having trouble getting my material uploaded. It is driving me crazy! Just when I was about to give up, it uploaded the video of Rhode but it still won't upload my other stuff. Any advice? I never had any trouble before.

In case you don't know what "hiding from Santa is" I will explain. We have a long standing family tradition (that we learned of from the Packards) of hiding from Santa and watching him put our presents under the tree. We all practice our hiding spots the night before so that we know exactly where we are headed. David waits up all night and when he hears Santa, he wakes us all up and we get into our spots. No one says a word because if we get caught, then Santa doesn't leave the presents. It is a lot of fun and Scarlet did awesome on her first time. Tricia and Belen also were able to keep quiet. Way to go girls!

We got to talk to Brad and that was definitely a highlight of our Christmas day. He sounds good and is working hard. He will be home in April and we are all looking forward to that.

Here are a few pictures of our holiday activities:

The annual Christmas nativity. Bryan is our only child left in the production. The next generation is taking over:



LuDeen holding her great-granddaughter, Qiana (Angie's baby). Isn't she cute? And the baby's not bad either!



It wouldn't be Christmas without matching pj's! Here is the whole gang!



Who wore them best?



All the single ladies!
L-R top: Kendall, Kylie, Kristy, Courtney
Bottom: Tricia (our exchange student from Taiwan) and Belen (our exchange student from Mexico). Belen joined our family in October.



One puzzle down, 6 more to go!



Scarlet was so fun on Christmas morning. She seemed thrilled with every present equally. It was so cute. No matter what it was, she would open it and say, "Ohhhh" like she was so amazed. Precious...



Scarlet, Jon, Rhode and Kacey:



Cute cousins - McKayla (Pat and Lori's) and Kendall:



Grandpa Knudson and his wife, Gloria. He brings the humor and she brings the charm!



Jon and Scarlet. She is not too sure if she wants to go sledding but we're going to make her do it anyway.



She went down on her back on his round saucer and she reminded me of a turtle that had gotten flipped over. She didn't cry but she looked somewhat terrified. It was a hoot!



We have had lots of snow in Moses Lake. This was how it looked around Christmas and there has been lots more since then!

The lake is frozen in the back yard.

Here is cute Rhode. He is 3 months old. In the background you can hear us playing The Office DVD game. I think Kristy was the champion though we all did well. I wonder if that's a good thing?

Hopefully I will get my other video footage to upload so that you can all enjoy our family Christmas Eve pipe playing display of talent and other treasures!

3 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Cutest family ever! I missed you guys around Christmas! Wish I could have been there to see the newest rolly polly addition, Rhode. It looks like everyone had a blast and you definitely had a full house.

Lori said...

I think you wore the pj's BEST!!!! What a fun bunch. WE loved spending time with you all, and look forward to many more christmas's. I'm still not feeling right about you beating me on Bust a MOVE....

Cali said...

LOVE IT! Miss you guys. I love matching pjs.