Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Reunion Day 2!

Day 2 of the family reunion started with craft time for the girls at Grandma’s house. We made magnets and picture/memo holders that looked like giant clothes pins. They were cute and could be done quickly so they were perfect. The girl time was so fun but was way too short!

Headed for girl time in our new Earl t-shirts:











Earl girls rock!


Then we headed to the state park for pizza, family pictures, volleyball and races. More fun was had by all.





But the best reunion activity was saved for last! Jared and Angie had planned out an Amazing Race for all of the adults. There were 8 teams of 4 or 5. Families were divided up and it was a blast. We started out at my house and were given our first clue. The clues were pictures and they looked professional (Jared had made them.) I can’t believe how nervous I was. I learned a few things…the Amazing Race is harder than it looks, I over analyze clues and I would be no good at food challenges (that I already knew!) My team was Cali, Aaron Roach and Aaron Wise. They were great teammates and I thought we would be tough to beat, but somehow together we sucked. (No offense guys!) We had a great time, though, and I would take that team again anytime. (Please can we have one more chance?)

This is what the clues looked like:










Our race took us to the water tower by Hearthstone (eating challenge there including pickled pigs feet), the Japanese Garden (find the gnome), the soccer field at the Grape Drive chapel (make a variety of soccer goals), Home Depot (match the paint swatches) and McCosh park (women paint each other’s faces while men put on coconut bikini top and grass skirt and run around town looking for the turtle). Unfortunately I have no pictures of the men running through down town Moses Lake wearing their bikini top. What a hoot! We had the best time! I think we will be telling Amazing Race tales for a long, long time! By the way, the winning team was: Grandma, Pat, Kelsey, Jon (Kacey’s husband), and Angelique (Justin’s wife). There was some controversy over the results (as you could have probably guessed when you pit Earl against Earl) but I am happy to report that there no hard feelings and happiness was abounding. Angie and Jared – you rock!!


Last minute questions before we started.




Our clue giver at Japanese Gardens aka Emily West!





Our Spanish speaking team at the food challenge aka Brittany Milligan and Casey Anderson!




Aaron trying to choke it down with cheering from Cali. He did better than any of the rest of our team could do but we still incurred a 20 min. penalty. Bummer!




Spam, baby food green beans, anchoves, pickled pigs feet complete with fat and bone and hot peppers.




Tip: This is not the amount of people you want to be greeted by when you finish the race. Yeah, my team was not in last place but we were close. Darn that eating challenge!




I got lots of Scarlet time!





We had a lot of time to visit with Kristy's fiance Trevor and we loved everything about him. He is a gem and he seems perfect for her. The newly engaged Kristy and Trevor...




Here is the lip synch that announced the proposal. For the lip synch we were all assigned Motown songs in honor of Tami. Our song was I Heard it Through the Grapevine and we had a series of things that were heard through the grapevine… #1 – I was leaving David for Donny Osmond, #2 – Scarlet was leaving Kacey for Angelina Jolie and #3 – Brad was Dear John’d by someone he truly cared about… our boat! Then Kylie, Courtney and Kendall fought over Edward. The the end sort of speak for itself. Enjoy…





8 comments:

Lori said...

Okay Trevor is adorable!!!!! Good Job Kristy!

dirty>south said...

yeah trevor's pose in the photo - very boy bandish.

glad everyone enjoyed the race.

Anonymous said...

That was so great!

Kim said...

Aaron still feels like a major failure because of that eating challenge. I may need to take him to counseling!

Mandi said...

We had SO much fun!!! It was really good to see all of you. I am a little jealous of all the great pictures you got...I didn't take my camera out of the case the whole week!!!

Belen Navarro said...

Aww I almost cry with this video! i miss all the family so much ! :( i wish i could be there .. you guys are always really funny and charming!
im so happy for kristy!!! :D tell her that i said congratulations please! :* they look so cute together :)
God bless you all!

with love - BELEN.

Myca said...

We loved your lip sync!! I was so shocked at the end!! I am so bummed we missed the amazing race...it sounds like it was a blast!! Anyway it was so good to see you guys and I have to say (again) how in the world did you guys produce so many talented and beautiful girls?!

Unknown said...

I love love this radio!!!! There are lots of hotties in it! It's so fun to watch you all~love you tons as always!:D