Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Okay... so I'm less than ideal!

I'm sure you are all wondering how the ideal patient is doing? Well, I was pretty ideal until I had to go out of town to Boise for 3 days about 12 days into it. I told myself that I was going to show some self-control and not go hog wild. I did okay the first day. Then the second day things started getting out of hand and then I just gave up all together. Well, 3 days off did not do me any favors! I haven't been able to get into the office for any official weigh ins but it seemed that I gained back about 3 lbs. during my 3 days. It seemed to take my body a while to get back to it's optimum weight burning cycle.

It was very hard to stay on the diet when I went out of town (at least it was for me.) First off, I felt bad for the people I was with (Courtney, Kylie, Kendall and Lori.) It felt like every time they ordered something yummy and I ordered something nutritious like plain fish and broccoli, it's like I was subconsciously saying to everyone at the table, "I'm going to order something sensible but you feel free to stuff your face with that high caloric meal and let's just all watch and see which part of your body it goes to first." That is certainly not what I was saying but it just seems like the dieter is always judging.

The fact that I stare at food with such a desperate longing in my eyes doesn't help the awkwardness of eating with a dieter.

Well, I am now one month into it (with the exception of the 3 days) and I wish I had an official weigh in to report but I don't yet. I will try to get by the office tomorrow. According to my bathroom scale (which is way off from the office in the wrong direction) I think I've lost about 16 pounds. I feel really good but no one really seems to be noticing. My kids look at me and say they can't tell a difference. I'm not sure whether that is a compliment or not.

I keep thinking that I will have to get all new clothes but the reality is that the clothes I own still fit, they just fit like they were supposed to I guess. I'd like to apologize to anyone who had to be seen with me wearing super tight clothing. I guess I didn't realize how much I was squeezing into things! Sorry about that!!

It hasn't been that tough to stay on this diet but it has take quite a bit of self control. I find it easier when I'm at home and can control things. I just eat when I'm supposed to and then stay out of the kitchen.

We leave for Paris Friday morning and I am so excited to eat! How much will I gain back? That is the $64,000 question!

2 comments:

Cali said...

Ash has been watching her calories lately, and I have lost four pounds because of it. Everytime I eat something yummy I feel weak! I hate having feelings associated with eating.

Emily Katlyn West said...

I lost 40 and I still fit into my clothes, considerably looser mind you, but none of them are falling off! But anyway, the important part is you feel better! Eat a pastry for me will ya!