Monday, October 19, 2009

Homecoming 2009!

[*First off I want to say, please don't forget to comment to Kristy on her birthday blog because she waited almost two months for that blog! Maybe some nice comments will get me out of the dog house. Thanks!]

This past weekend was homecoming at good ol' MLHS! The events started off with a Homecoming assembly and (in true Chiefs' style) the first thing that happened was that everyone had to evacuate the gym because someone pulled the fire alarm. How nice!

Here is a picture of Kendall and Kylie right before they performed with the drill team at the assembly:


It was a beautiful night and the Chiefs won their game against Davis! Here is the half time scoreboard to prove we were ahead...



Our good friend and fellow Molahiette and fellow dancer, Kiersten Redal, was named Homecoming Queen so we were all happy about that!

Kylie went to the dance with Jordan Wilks. As you may remember, Jordan (aka Troy) asked Kylie (aka Sharpay) to the dance after one of the High School Musical performances. Little girls all over Moses Lake are still traumatized by that event. How could Troy choose Sharpay over Gabriella! Many young girls were visibly shaken as they avoided Sharpay in the hand shaking line. It was very cute.

First we found the dress:



And then we found the shoes:



Luckily, Jordan is quite a bit taller than Kylie because these shoes made her about 6'1". (Normally I would make a joke now and probably call her "Ginormica" but since that is Kacey's regular heighth, I'd better refrain!)



Jordan arrived looking good with matching attire.





Now onto the obligatory exchange of flowers that nobody really wants. I tried to convince Kylie that boys do not want boutonnieres (yes, I had to look up that spelling.) I succeeded in talking her out of getting a boutonniere for her first date to a formal dance and assured her that her date would thank her for it later. It turned out that he whined and complained all night that he didn't have a flower! Seriously? So even though I believe he was the one and only anomaly, she no longer believes me that boys do not want boutonnieres. Oh well, I tried!

The corsage was easy enough:



But boutonnieres like to be difficult!









Five minutes later and with mom's help (though really I didn't do any better than Kylie) we have a successful flower exhange!





Here is Kylie's typical Asian picture as a shout out to Tricia!



I just have to share with all of you how little this outfit cost. It wasn't our intention to save money (don't tell David!), it just sort of happened. When we bought the shrug, it wasn't for this dress but it looked really cute with it and someone stole my sewing machine the week before Homecoming so it worked out that I didn't have to add sleeves. (I know! Who steals a sewing machine? It disappeared from my house when I was in New York. Arrgghh!! I have lost hope that someone just borrowed it because it hasn't been returned yet and I don't know who would do that- even though it would have been fine.)



dress - $19.99 at Ross
shrug - $12.99
shoes - $22.99
necklace - $22.00 (the necklace was more than the dress!)
hairband - $12.99
extra rhinestones to add to buckle and bodice - $5.00

Less than $100 from head to toe = gorgeous! (Although, granted, Kylie would look gorgeous in burlap sack!)

9 comments:

Angie said...

I am in love with this outfit...

oh and kylie isn't too shabby either.

Lori said...

She did look beautiful, but you think with all the Kylie praise you would at least mention that Kendall was this week's Individual Achiever.... Way to go Kendall.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I LOVE the shoes! I have a passion for red shoes. The dress is great too. What cute couple.

::lindsay said...

Kylie looks beautiful!!! I love that outfit and am even more in love with how much you spent on it. $20 for the dress. Are you kidding me?!

Tricia Kuo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Kuo said...

Tell kylie it's not a real typical Asian picture! We do the "V-shape" gesture instead of the thumbs! haha!

Peggy Dee said...

Tricia - After Kylie saw my blog she said, "That's not my Asian face. I do the peace sign." So... my bad. It's still a thumbs up for you Tricia!

mjpwilks said...

Love the pictures - thanks for sharing! Kylie looked beautiful and Jordan had a great time.

Mandi said...

LOVE the dress and the shrug...it was actually a cute shrug. She is so beautiful. A+ for the outfit, AND the price. That isn't easy!