Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy 17th birthday Kendall!

Kendall is 17! Her birthday was last Thursday, the 27th. (Yeah, I know I'm late - you didn't have to mention it!)



Look at this cutie patutie! Kendall is just a doll. She's a sweetheart who gets along with everyone she meets. She has such a kind heart and a great sense of humor. She does have her occasional moods (in spite of me telling her to snap out of it because she's not a moody person) but all in all she is happy and pleasant and fun.

I am really enjoying her company as the last girl in the house and I'm especially enjoying her clean room! (That counts for a lot in the quest to be the favorite child!!) She is so helpful and considerate and just plain fun to have around. I just love this girl!

For her birthday, she and her "twin sister from another mother" (Chelsea) decided to spend their birthday shopping out of town. So the two of them headed to Tri-Cities armed only with a GPS and a credit card. They made it back alive! The credit cards were well worn but the car was in good shape so all is well.

Kendall thought that the shopping day was her only present but we had a surprise for her (and by we, I mean I! Although David does get the credit for saying yes and paying for it, so I guess that counts for something.)

Here is a picture of Loola Mae just before Kendall's family party. (This is for Kylie.)



We called Kendall in to open a plethora of presents wrapped in pink. Each present had something to do with the color pink. There was a coloring book, a cook book, socks, headphones, dominoes, an umbrella, a Barbie DVD, candy, etc. and it was all pink. It was so cute because she was thrilled with each little present. I thought for sure she would get a funny look on her face that meant, "What the hec is with all these weird pink presents." But she is our sweet little Kendall and seemed happy and grateful for each one.















The very last gift she opened up was tickets for her and a few friends (plus mom - yay!) to see "Legally Blonde the Musical" in Spokane in February!







Happy Birthday, Kendall! Thanks for filling our house with love and laughter. (It's a big house so that's a lot of love and laughter!)

We love you!!!

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You're right. Kendall is great. Terrific really. I love her.

Kacey Nielsen said...

I think I just realized that Kendall is the only girl at home. That is so crazy... so glad it is Kendall though. They really did save the best for last in her case! (Not really sure what happened with Bryan though... :)

Kylie said...

It is a good thing that i love kendall as much as I do or this post could have quite possibly made me cry bitter tears of jealousy. Kendall youre beautiful and awesome and the best little sister on the planet. I love you.

and mom thank you for a picture of Loola Mae! man shes growing up so fast (sniff, sniff...)

Kim said...

All of your kids hold a special place in my heart! I love Kendall and the sweet, smart, fun, friendly girl that she is.

Kristy said...

So many wonderful Kendall memories it's hard to pick just one. I'm looking forward to the sequel to "No More Friends." Love you Kendall, happy birthday!

Kendall said...

Oh thank you everyone! You're so nice. But Kristy you seriously need to stop bringing up that book. I was in middle school!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

You win the Mom of the cute birthday gifts award! I love the theme and the wrapping and the fun stuff. I am also slightly jealous of the gift.

When you have such a big family it seems like you are always doing birthday posts! Happy Birthday Kendall.

P.S. I heard you are going to be gone when I am there and that made me sad :(

Raffy Jay said...

Grown up...

ukrayna vizesi said...

You're right. Kendall is great. Terrific really
http://marinavize.com