Wednesday, August 31, 2011

50 People Who Love David on his 50th Birthday

Happy birthday dad!!! There is a planet full of people who would love to wish you a happy birthday and help you ring in a half a century of life, but here are the 50 people who are willing to share their thoughts with 24 hours notice :)

Without further ado, the 50 people who love you on this day, your 50th birthday!

1 Have a Wonderful Birthday Buddy! May your heart be filled with gratitude for the blessings that the Lord has given you: your wonderful wife, your good children, great parents and many friends. You deserve to be happy. You're a kind and generous man.

Thanks for being so good to us, we owe you lots!!
Julio & Alina Luna


2 WE are definitely on the list of fifty people that love David Earl.... It's hard to really describe our love for DAVID. Never met anyone who is so demanding, controlling, yet so kind and unselfish. David believes if he likes it YOU WILL TOO!! David thinks that he knows whats best for you and your family....and you know what 95 percent of the time he's right.... I just don't want him telling me. We love vacationing with him, we (REID) loves letting him win at GOLF, we love watching sporting in events and eating out. He's kind to everyone he meets. He is not judgmental. He is extremely caring.

Happy Birthday DAVID. Here's to another fifty years together as FRIENDS!!

Lori, Reid and family


3 Uncle David,
We love you! We enjoy anytime that we get to spend with you! We always look forward to hearing your stories and your opinions about things. We always know it is going to be a good time when you are around. Thank you for your incredible example. It is such a blessing to call you family. Happy 50th Birthday! We wish you many more! Love, Alysha and Brandon


4 Happy Birthday Uncle David!! You have always had a special place in my heart. You have been a wonderful uncle to me and a great example. You took me to my first broadway play. You took me skiing for the first time (and second), and even paid a little chinese man to give me lessons. (I remember the man staring down at me when I couldn't stand back up and he said, "Your uncle told me you were athletic!") You played ball tag with us in the pool, and once after babysitting for the afternoon you told me to stick out my hands and then you filled them to the brim with loose change. I thought it was pretty hilarious. You taught me the correct way to eat a bowl of cereal- I remember one morning I was eating breakfast at your house and I poured a huge bowl of cereal (since at my house we were only allowed one bowl). You made me put half of it back and told me I could have as many small bowlfuls as I wanted, but that there was no use in pouring such a big bowl that would become soggy in 2 seconds. And of course I loved working for you all through high school and during the summers.

I have a lot of great memories of you from my childhood, but I appreciate you now even more as a grown up. I think you are a generous and kind person, and always SO much fun to be around. I've always been so proud to be related to you, and I always feel completely at ease and welcome in your home. You are one of my people, and I feel really blessed to have you in my family. I love you and hope you have a great birthday!

Love, Sam



5 I feel like I haven't had enough time to put together something totally funny, but I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to say Happy Birthday.

I am so thankful for all you have done for me. It has been a pleasure working with you for almost 10 years. Thank you for providing me with hours of laughter. I appreciate someone who is willing to give their opinion, even if it wasn't asked for and could possibly offend someone in the room. I love that you constantly have a drawer full of lotion and dental floss in your office. You are the only one I know that can get away with saying, "I don't have ADD, I just don't care about what you are saying", and people just laugh.

You have the hugest heart, and the brightest outlook on life and people. For this girl, the eternal pessimist, it is slightly unbelievable but quite admirable. You are one of a kind, and I love you!

Angie



6 Dr. Dave, as he is affectionately know, is one of the most tender, kind, love, giving persons that we know. His sense of humor is infectious. He is a joy to spend even a minute with as he will lighten your day. And on top of all that we get to call him Brother.

Tom & Gail



7 Uncle David, you have always been such a great influence to me in my life. You've always seemed to walk the line between being the successful and smart uncle and the crazy and super fun uncle. I appreciate everything you've done for me in my life, and I've enjoyed all the time I've gotten to spend with you over the last couple of years. Have a great birthday uncle David! P.s: "No... you're wrong, I'm right." Hahaha, that's a little bit of a running joke with my friends about a common quote of yours ;). Love you uncle. Happy birthday!

Parker Weech


8 Happy 50th Birthday David!!! I'm so lucky my sister has incredible taste in men and brought you into our lives 30+ years ago...and you are still the same huge-hearted, fun, loving, giving, awesome person today. Oh, I forgot to throw in cute...you're still cute too!! I love you!!!

Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed! And you be makin' goin' 'over the hill' look gooooood...

Julie


9 Happy Birthday David. Wow, the nifty Fifty has hit you. Now you only have 50 more to go. Make it a great one. Thanks for all you do for me and my family.

Love, Karen and Kevin Earl



10 Dave, you are one of my favorite people. The little things you have done for me have added up and have helped me become the person I am today. Thanks for everything you have done for me. I wish you had the time and resources to help more people! Happy Birthday!

Joseph Johnson


11 Happy Birthday, David. I have LOVED you from the first time you took over at a service activity when I was YW pres in 6th ward. I loved knowing that when we planned an activity that you and Reid would make it "over the top fun." I love those "good ol' days." (oh yes, and you are a great MD too!)

Kathy Perrins

12 David, you make 50 look great! I love you even more at 50 than I did when you were 18. You have had such an impact on my life, I could never be more grateful. Bryan & Becky Weech


13 Happy birthday to the greatest father out there! Dad you set such a great example to all of us kids of what kind of people we need to be. You truly have a love for everyone and you are always giving to others. I hope you have a great day today because you deserve it!

Kendall



14 Please include us in joining you in celebrating David's 50th birthday. Best wishes that this age will finally be the age of responsibility we've been hoping for!

Curtis & Denise Clifford


15 We love Dr. David Earl!

Pat & Lori & family



16 Dad i love you! You are the greatest father anyone could ever ask for and i hope you have an amazing day!

Bryan


17 Happy Birthday, David! Thanks for always looking out for Breanna... :)

Michele & Jody Haddican



18 50? What a baby! Thanks for all of your professional care :) My family owes you a great debt of gratitude. And David would say, "good thing you went to Hawaii while you were still young enough to enjoy it :p" Hope it's Happy!

Tami Lybbert


19 Happy 50th B-day David!!! You have accomplished so much.. beautiful wife, incredible children and precious grandchildren. Your contagious smile lightens all of our lives. Thanks for always being a friend... ENJOY!!!

Sharon McConkie Sanderson


20 Happy Birthday, David, from your 4th Grade Teacher! I have always kept track of you since you and my daughter are the same age and were friends all through school! You are such a good friend to our family and you take such good care of us as our doctor! We also appreciate you as our Bishop! We love the way you relate to your Young Adults! Hard to believe you are now a half a century old! :)

Lora Bailey


21 Happy Birthday, David, from all the Wise's. You re an amazing person, and I feel so blessed to be a part of your family. You and your family hold a really special place in my heart. I know your day will be great because you always have a smile on your face and make it happen!

Kim Bates Wise


22 Happy Birthday, Dave!! Our clan thinks you are the best! Thanks for helping my sons become men as their YM president. I had fun working with you in YM/YW. I have enjoyed and admired your children in Young Women, singles ward and piano lessons. We still treasure the cruise to the Carribbean with you and Peggy and your mad jeep driving on Grand Cayman! You have taken such good care of us as the doctor to our family and extended family. You are such a great man and we thank you for your friendship, service, kindness and good example to our family!

DeAnne Wiberg



23 We are definitely in the Top 50 of people who love David. I would love to wish him a Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the new grandchild!

Eric Knudson


24 Well, we've been the same age for a month and a half, but once again, you proceed first into the darkness! Happy Birthday, and thanks for all the support, good cheer and good advice over the years! Keep up the good work!

Bill Waites


25 Happy Birthday, David. The Lawsons love you!! Thanks for always being there for our family!!!

Vickie & Billy Lawson


26 Hey Bishop Earl - thanks for all your advice, support and guidance. Happy Birthday!!

Chris Nelson


27 Happy Birthday, David! You have been a huge influence in my life since I've know you. I won't forget all you've done for me. I hope you have a great birthday with many more to come!

Dustin Killinger


28 Dad, even though I got my thin lipped smile and squinty eyes from you, I am so grateful to call you my dad. You have taught me so much throughout my life by the way you life. You are the most charitable and loving person that I know. You never let anything get you down and I hope nothing ever does because you deserve to be so happy. You have made my life great and I am thankful every day for the example that you have given me. I love you so much and I hope that you have a great birthday!

Love, Courtney


29 Happy Birthday, David. Have a wonderful day and celebrate you.

Vickie Wittmayer

30 I love my uncle David because he took me to Maui. He is the coolest cat around to vacation with except when he turns on the lights, pulls back your covers, flings open the blinds and yells "it's time to get up!" every morning at 7am. That's when you start to question if you're really on vacation or if you're living at home again! Haha. I also love my uncle David because he jumped off the biggest cliffs with me in Maui and proved his manhood one last time before he turns in his man card on his 50th birthday! Your over the hill now David! No more cliff jumping for you old man. However I may give you your man card back if you're able to do those 50 push ups in a row on your 50th birthday! We will see haha hope you have a wonderful, amazing, fantastic day of birth! You're the man... Regardless of what Peggy might say! Love you uncle David

Love your favorite nephew!

Brandon Earl

31 David is one of the most generous people I know. He is almost always upbeat, optimistic and full of enthusiasm for life. He is always up for a fun time. With that short little span of attention...,

(to quote Paul Simon -

"A man walks down the street
He says why am I short of attention
Got a short little span of attention
And wo my nights are so long")

...the fun time often changes to another fun time.

Over the years we have had a great time in competition, whatever the game may be. To determine who is the better athlete, we basically say "pick your best 10 events" and whoever wins the most events is the best athlete. So there are things I could pick that I would win easily like racketball or wrestling (I know it's gross but I weigh more - you have to go with your strengths). David has his events - like he could run faster. The funny thing is that we each would pick basketball, so it all came down to playing basketball against each other and the winner would be determined from week to week. Now we have golf.

From both of us, we wish you a most enjoyable 50th birthday with a heartfelt expression of love and thanks for all you do.

Jeff and Becky



32 We love him and he is a great doctor! Happy Birthday, David!!!

Dan & Sheila Piper



33 DR. DAVE, You've been our doctor and friend for many a year! Thanks for all you've done for us. We wish you a HAPPY 50TH and many more years of doctoring and friendly chats to come.

Vaughn and Loye Hunsaker

(This is a picture of our grandson, Jacob Vela, who is just today arriving in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Isn't that where you served?)


34 DAVID, you finally made it to 50. What took you so long? Even though you might be 50, it will be a long time until you can actually act like you are 50. You are not yet capable of accepting the responsibility and the seriousness of such a high and holy position. No matter what you do, you will never be as old as I am. So there!! We love you. You are our Hero. Hang in there as long as you can.

Doug and Connie Earl


35 Happy Birthday, David!! We are glad to have you here to make all the decisions! What would the world do without you? We appreciate you and all you do! Really!

Love, The Pyles


36 Dear Uncle David,

Happy Birthday!!! We hope you feel loved and celebrated today. I have many memories of you from coming to visit you in California and getting to drive your scooter around (I was only 11!), going to Disney, to watching you at family reunions run all the games, to playing Monopoly on Sunday's after having a waffle breakfast and followed by candy bar milkshakes, to working at your office, to babysitting your kids, to snow skiing, to summer fun, to keeping a close eye on my dad after surgery, to going to San Diego for Alysha's wedding and having you just order for all of us at every meal (hilarious but great!) and arrange everything else, and so many other things. I always think about how cool it is that we travel with our aunts and uncles and cousins. I don't think that is a common thing for most people. You are such a good, kind, patient, funny, gracious, honest person and I am grateful to have you in our life.

Love you,
Daishan & famly


37 There are a lot of things that I love about you Dad, like A LOT, but the thing that I love most about you is that you have always taught us that the most important thing in life is to be a good member of the church. All growing up, you would tell me every night before I went to bed, "I love you. Don't forget your prayers, I'm not visiting any of my daughters in Hell." And because of that I never forget to say my prayers at night. You always remind us not to sweat the little things, that money is just money and there will always be more, and to always attend your church meetings and activities because "that's just what we do". When I hear President Monson's quote about not letting a problem that needs to be solved get in the way of a person that needs help, I always, always think about you because that is exactly the type of person that you are. Thank you for always taking care of us and everyone around us. I love you so much and I know that I am so blessed to have such an amazing Dad. Happy Birthday!!!

Kylie


38 Dad, you are my hero. I can't think about you without smiling. I love how you are so caring and how much you love it when others around you are having fun. I've learned so much from you. One of my favorite David Earl glory stories is when you and the older Earl boy cousins raced around that water park and later got banned for life. I can just picture some teenager blowing his whistle at you while you dive past him down the slide. Classic David. I love you Dad and I'm excited to celebrate our birthdays together this weekend.

Kristy

39 Happy birthday David! Thank you for introducing me to world of food and fine living. I am better person because of it... or at least a little more wordly!

Trevor


40 David, you take care of everyone. You are one of the most generous people we know. You always help those in need, never looking for recognition. We love you and are grateful to have you in our lives.

Love, Cali and Joey Emig



41 Wow.. how amazing, I can't imagine David reading all of this but maybe he will!
I too love my Uncle David. What a caring and generous man. One of the best there is! Happy 50th!

Ashley Boice


42 Happy 50th Birthday David. Thanks for great friendship, fun, food, and fandom (byu cougars) over the years. From waffles and hot fudge sundaes in Brasil to California Pizza Kitchen in Orem - fun trips and visits, you are the greatest.

Love, The McKinnons - Brad, Sherry, and gang.



43 Uncle David, You are the bomb. When I think of you through my child eyes, You were the Uncle who took all of us crazy Earl kids and organized us into a fun game or competition. I think you may have invented ball tag at grandma Earl's pool! Sounds right, because it was super fun and a little dangerous.

You have refereed many cousin races and have always thrown in a motivating dollar or piece of candy. I remember visiting you all in California and you had some sort of motorcycle, and you tried your best to motivate me to take a ride, which I did but was terrified! If you were not so morally centered, you would have made a successful con artist! And I mean that as a compliment, cause you could con any of us into something fun no matter how terrified we thought we were!

I remember we had a run of intense monopoly board game throw downs at your house. You had several games set up and had us cousin's organized in age groups playing till a champion emerged. Then the champs played each other. I don't remember who they were, but I remember playing monopoly several Sundays in a row and all the delicious treats, and thinking this could happen every Sunday for the rest of my life!

I remember several road trips you included me on. One was to Big White Ski Resort, I think for Kacey's birthday. The van was full of girls and you let us sing at the top of our lungs the whole way there. There was a particular Celine Dion song that you allowed over and over! That song still makes me think of that trip! Another was to Silverwood, just for fun?! And you took us four, Kacey, Samantha, Myca and I, to the play Oklahoma in Spokane, complete with dinner at Cyrus O'Leary's!

And now when I think of you through my adult eyes, You are the Uncle who has saved my children in some real awful health emergencies! Iryk with weight checks as an infant, stitches, and a concussion; and Sibel having a crazy asthma attack. I know we are covered medically, anytime we are in Moses Lake!

And most importantly, I know you have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You may have teared up a couple of times when you've shared it!

Happy 50th Birthday Uncle David! Love you and your family!

Britney, Jason, Iryk, Sibel and Izlyn



44 I love to golf with David because I can usually beat him! No, really he's really fun and entertaining to be with. Happy Birthday!

Darin Calder

45 Dad, Your birthdays are always pretty uneventful because it is your style to give and give without receiving much yourself. If I had money I would fly us both to Oregon to play Bandon Dunes, but I don't, so we'll have to stick with blog posts for now. You have taught me so much and I consider myself lucky everyday that I have a father that I can look up to so proudly. Have a great birthday. I love you Dad.

Brad


46 Hi there Dave! Happy Birthday you old man! I knew you'd catch up with me!

Love, Owen


47 Dad, what more can I do to say I love you than to stay up way too late one night making sure you know how many people love you! :) Well, if this blog entry isn't loud enough, I love you dad and hope you have fantastic day!

Love, Kacey

48 When I first met you David I thought you would be taller, having such a tall daughter. But I soon realize you were definitely not lacking in personality. Happy 50 years!

Jon Wayne Nielsen

49 We love our Papa! Happy birthday. Are you going to eat M&Ms? Can you share some with me? (Rhode) I love you SOOO much! (Scarlet)

50 What can I say about someone I've spent over half my life with? By now, he's an appendage! We balance each other out perfectly... He always has a sunny disposition - I tend to be partly cloudy. He loves adventure - I like my comfort zone. He's the fun parent - I'm the queen of rules. He thinks he's invincible - I assume he's going to get hurt. He is trusting - I am skeptical. His first instinct is to say yes - my first instinct is to say no. He sees the good in everyone - I can be a tad bit judgmental. On the other hand... He is habitually late - I keep him aware of the time. He thinks rules are for other people - I try to keep him out of jail. He wants to golf all the time - I tell him no. He constantly loses things like keys, wallet and phone - I.. I.. Well I just get exasperated every time it happens and roll my eyes that he hasn't worked out a system yet, so I guess that doesn't really count as balance. (I bet you thought I was going to say that I help him find them, right? Wrong. I don't. He's a grown man, people. He's 50 years old for goodness sakes!)

David is one of a kind and I liked him from the minute I saw him on my first day at BYU. The best thing about David is that he loves me unconditionally. He doesn't try to change me at all. I, on the other hand, am determined to mold him into something truly great! I kinda wish he would do the same for me but it is kinda nice having someone think you're perfect just the way you are. That's the best gift he could ever give me and he gives it to me day after day after day. Ya gotta love him! And I do... all 50 years of him!!!

Love, Peggy


5 comments:

ashleyboice said...

Wow...how amazing. I can't imagine David reading all of this but maybe he will.

I too love my uncle David. What a caring and generous man. One of the best there is! Happy 50th!

Angie said...

hahaha so true ash, I wonder if he just told peggy to give him the "one minute version".

Samantha said...

Whoa, I'm #4 out of the people that love David. That's pretty awesome. I knew I was his favorite niece.

Ash & Angie hilarious. Kyle and i were staying with david 2 years ago while looking for a dental practice, and I started a story and david asked for the short version and I'm pretty sure i told him no. haha. My dad used to say that to me too.

Brad & David- do you know I live one hour from bandon dunes? Kyle golfed there last weekend. Maybe I can actually get some guests in Roseburg like I did in Vegas!

dirty>south said...

HAHAHA yeah David probably got to #4 and was like "ok, i'm done with this. they all love me, I get it."

Didn't get the email until too late, but one of my favorite David memories is the water slide competition at the old ML water park. He cut in front of a line of about 50 people waiting to go on the river ride just so he could win.

I've never respected a person more than at that moment.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Plus he got us all kicked out of the place. I used to take him golfing on the same cart. Then I would wait until about the 10-11th hole before I tried to talk to him about something that I needed to talk to him about. No chance of getting his attention before that. Also by the 10th hole he would actually let me get off the golf cart to hit my ball!!! doug