Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy 26th Birthday Kristy!

I know most of you are not going to believe it but Kristy turns 26 today! I honestly can't believe she's that old. That's just a hop, skip and a jump to 30! (...but don't tell Kristy)

I can't do a birthday blog without pulling out a few old pictures. Birthdays just remind of of when they were young I guess! Kristy was a beautiful baby - she just was. Even with this frown, look at how adorable she was!!

















Then this is her as Mickey Mouse at Halloween. Kacey was Minnie, of course. Kristy usually got the male counterpart of all costume themes. Yes, she was definitely a tomboy. (I wonder where that word comes from. I'll have to look that up someday.)
















I pulled out this picture of her short, spiky haircut because I think it is just so cute on her. The camera has always loved Kristy. Right after she got this haircut in Seattle she had a modeling agent come up and give her her card.

It's funny because when I think back about Kristy's childhood, she ended up having more birthday parties than any of our other children. I kind of had an informal every four years policy on birthday parties, but with Kristy I really wanted to make sure that she had friends.

You see, Kristy was a great kid but she was... Kristy. It's just hard to describe her if you didn't know her then. Lovable yet annoying. Friendly yet mean. Sweet yet abusive. I just really wasn't sure how well she would play with others! So every time her birthday rolled around I would get this idea to throw Kristy an extra fun birthday party so that she would be sure to cultivate some friendships. The funny thing is, I did it almost every year forgetting that she had had a party the year before. It didn't help that her birthday was in August so it was natural party time anyway. The reality was that she had lots and lots of friends (there were a ton of girls her age) and they seemed to like her without any help from me! It makes me laugh now to think that I was worried!!

Kristy has just been called to teach seminary in her Bellevue stake. Wow! That's a big responsibility but they absolutely were inspired to choose her. I know she will do a great job. She has such a firm testimony and always has. I was a little worried about her going on a mission because I could just see her telling people that they were idiots if they couldn't see that the gospel was the greatest gift they would ever be given. I had visions of her throwing Books of Mormon at people's heads to knock some sense into them. Luckily, she survived and so did the people of Ireland - or so I heard. I know she will keep her students engaged, entertained and spiritually well fed.

Happy Birthday to one of my all time favorite people on this earth... who just happens to be my daughter!

And a belated Happy Birthday to Kristy's husband, Trevor, who also has an August birthday. I think he turned 26 too? I should probably know that. Trevor is a gem. We love him! But so far in-laws do not get birthday blog posts. I'm not sure why - that's just the rule... for now.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Yeah while you were busy throwing sweet birthday parties for Kristy the rest of us were busy not having any friends. Haha happy birthday Kristy!

Kylie said...

"Sweet yet abusive"? I guess that's only a half lie haha jk. Love you Kristy! Happy birthday!

Angie said...

hahah I love that you threw her parties hoping she'd get friends...classic.

I love ya Kristy! you are one of a kind, but you are awesome.

Cali said...

Kristy is my favorite person. I love her with all my heart and always will. She is a true "original".

saree said...

Thank you so much for share wonderful collection.


Use this keyword for getting more knowledge about sherwani | Kurta Pyjamas | sari | Salwar Kameez | saree | Indiska Kläder click on this hypertext.