Sunday, November 6, 2011

Brad turns 24!

Brad turned 24 this week. His birthday blog is late because I've been shirking my maternal responsibilities and have been galavanting all over the globe! Sorry about that Brad.

There are many, many reasons why I love Brad so much but here are the Top 10 reasons why I love Brad. (These are in no particular order except for #1. #1 is the number one reason!):

#10 - He takes such great care of his 2 sisters who are also in Provo attending BYU which gives me peace of mind which I really appreciate.

#9 - He started a blog. He is so funny and I'm so happy that other people get to see that side of him.

#8 - He is fairly neat and tidy (not OCD or anything but pretty clean for a boy.) I know this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I just prefer things neat and organized.

#7 - He keeps his car really clean! (See supporting reason above.)

#6 - He is a great example and big brother to Bryan. You can't put a price on a good big brother! Every family needs at least one.

#5 - He almost always does what I ask him to. Even if he doesn't want to, he usually does it anyway if I insist. (except for asking out Chelsea Hightower - no way on that one - he thinks girls don't want to get asked out by guys they only met one time - that's only if the guy is weird - am I right? - what girl wouldn't love to be asked out by Brad even if she's semi-famous - right? - I'm right - Mom's always right!)

#4 - He speaks Slovak. (Or at least he used to and that can't be easy!)

#3 - He is a diligent student. Nothing makes parents happier than kids who get their schoolwork done no matter what the age.

#2 - He can reach things that I can't. (I told you it was in no particular order.)

#1 - The number 1 reason why I love Brad will be evident to all who view the following video. This is from last Christmas.

Kacey had the idea that we should have a family talent show. I'm not sure why. I think it's because she wanted her kids to perform and she wanted competing entertainment that made her kids look even more talented. I'm not even sure who put Kacey in charge but she is one hec of a leader so when she gives an edict - people obey. I can't remember what she threatened as the punishment for not participating in the talent show but I just assumed Brad would take the penalty rather than participate and I figured Bryan would follow right behind him and choose the hard labor over performing. Imagine my surprise and utter delight at Brad and Bryan's talent show entry.

Kendall joined their group late because she ended up being the odd man out and lest you think that Kendall was the mastermind of this number, she was not. She added some flair, no doubt, but the choreography had already been done by Brad so I'm told. Brad? Choreography? Maybe he didn't hate being in Showstoppers as much as he told me he did? Hmmm...

I just love that he did this for his family. I hope he doesn't kill me for posting it. It just made me so happy. And that he got Bryan to do it with him gives him double points. I love these boys! They say that if you want to know what sort of a husband a guy would be then you should look at how he treats his mother. Well, here is a guy who is going to make the best husband ever (and he has a brother!)

Without any further ado, the #1 reason why I love Brad...



By the way, the move where he puts his hands behind his head and wiggles his hips is a signature move he has had since he was about 8. And the tongue sticking out is proof that he's concentrating!

Happy Birthday, Brad!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

That video is hilarious. Show that to any girl he is dating and they will want to marry him. I would DIE of happiness if i saw kyle doing a video like that! And funny about his signature move because I TOTALLY remember him doing that when he was younger! Happy birthday Brad!

Angie said...

My love for Brad has doubled after seeing that video!! What great sport he is.

Kylie said...

I also think it should be noted that Brad is the one who chose to dance to Katy Perry because he finds that song inspiring. Brad is the best. I watched this in the library and now I'm like dying from trying to keep the laughter in.

Kristy said...

Brad you are the greatest. That video makes me so happy and I love Kylie's dolphin laugh in the background.

Brad said...

Man this is the first time I've seen the video. Kendall botched that first toe touch, I knew I should have stuck with just Bryan and I... I'm just gonna put the offer on the table again Mom if you would like to fly me down for a weekend dance workshop just let me know. You can pay me double whatever you pay the So You Think You Can Dance people.

Peggy Dee said...

Deal!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Uh, obviously I am in charge because when I am, fabulous things like this video come to life! Seriously... you think you people would have caught onto that by now!

Second best... definitely Brad.

::lindsay said...

THAT. WAS. AWESOME!

Gotta love a guy that can choreograph and dance to Katy Perry. That's a keeper!

Happy Birthday Brad!